Career assessments (aka “testing”) can help identify your skills, interests, values and personality.
- My Next Move
- Internet Career Connection
- The Career Key Test
- Type Focus Personality Assessment
- MAPP- Motivational Assessment of Personal Potential
- My Future » Click on “career toolbox”
- Keirsey Temperament Sorter
The NMSU Career Exploration Center offers the following assessments free to currently enrolled NMSU students. Community people are welcome to take these assessments for a fee (call 646-2241 for more information).
The following assessments are available after meeting with a career counselor:
- Strong Interest Inventory: provides a list of suggested occupations by comparing your interests with people in those occupations. Also, it suggests potential college majors.
- KUDER: articulates your interests and skills in various career categories and provides career suggestions for consideration.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: a personality assessment relates how you approach tasks, gather information, and make decisions. It is very relevant to career choice.
**Career assessments will NOT give you THE answer to career choice. They are a part of the total career development process.